Please read the following which was sent to me by a colleague. It concerns a protest planned for next Tuesday in London.
JOINT DEMONSTRATION AGAINST
HUMAN RIGHTS ATROCITIES IN GUYANA
PARTICIPATION FROM GUYANESE IN UK, CANADA, USA & GUYANA HELD RESPECTIVELY AT:
· Guyana High Commission, 3 PalaceCourt, London W2 4LP
· Guyana Consulate, 505 Consumers Road– Suite 206, Toronto, Ontario, Canada – M2J 4V8
· Guyana Consulate, New York – 370 7thAvenue, 4th Floor Seven Penn Plaza
· Guyana, Georgetown (meeting placeTBC)
TUESDAY 5THOCTOBER 2010
3.00PM (LOCAL TIME) TO LAST 1 HOUR
Ou rdemonstration aims to expose the persistent acts of human rights violations and extra-judicial killings being perpetrated by security services in Guyana under the PPP regime.
We want to bring these crimes to international attention so they can be independently/fairly investigated and perpetrators brought to trial.
It is well-known to all Guyanese that the GPF and GDF have carried out countless actsof violence, torture and killings against mostly African males under the PPPdictatorship.
THIS MUST STOP NOW
· STOP the TORTURE OF ANYONE in Police Custody
· STOP the GUNFIRE exchanges resulting in DEATHS of innocent civilians without AN Yinquiry against security services responsible
· STOP the EXCESSIVE use of force by security services
· STOP the ‘criminalizing of social protests’
· STOP racial discrimination against African Guyanese
Thanks for your time.
Sign in to leave a comment
Don't have an account? Create one now.