On the eve of the London Book Fair (16-18 April) this seminar provides an alternative platform for Chinese, Uyghur and Tibetan writers and researchers living in a free democratic society, to share their peers' experience and challenges in China, East Turkistan and Tibet, where censorship on the intellectual community is a top priority for the ruling Chinese Communist Party.
- Dr. David C.W. Tsui, Visiting Fellow, University of Oxford
- Mr Lama Jabb, PhD Candidate at University of Oxford
- Ms Tienchi Martin-Liao, President of the Independent Chinese PEN Centre
- Mr Kaiser Abdurasul, President, International PEN Uyghur Centre, Sweden
- Ms Kate Saunders, Head of Monitoring, International Campaign for Tibet
Time: Sunday 15 April 2012, 4pm - 6pm
Park Crescent Conference Centre (The Fitzrovia Room)
International Students House
229 Great Portland Street
London, W1W 5PN
Underground stations: Great Portland Street or Regent’s Park
Free entry – all welcome!
Sign in to leave a comment
Don't have an account? Create one now.